How to Increase LAN bandwidth in college using SoftEther VPN and Dispatch proxy
Initial Server Setup
- Open SoftEther VPN Server and Click on Connect
- After that click in Local Bridge Setting
- Write DEFAULT in Virtual Hub row & Select your Ethernet card from LAN Adapter dropdown
- After Creating Local Bridge it should look like:-
Client Side setup
- Open SoftEther VPN Client and Create New Virtual Network Adapter..
- Leave As it is - Virtual Network Adapter Name (It will automatically take Unique Name)
- After Creating Virtual Network Adapter It should look like.
- Now Double Click on Add VPN Connection
- After Opening of new pannel write localhost in host name field.
- Now Just Click on corresponding VPN client adapter. Eg:- If setting name is "New VPN Connection (2)" then
select "VPN Client Adapter - VPN2" for simplicity. Other Wise you can change the name of setting and corresponding Virtual
Network Adapter.For Every New VPN connection Select Virtual Network Which were not Previously Used.
- Now Under "User Authentication Setting" Set "Auth Type:" to - Anonymous Authentication.
Set the "User Name" Whatever you want and remember that name.You Should Give Unique User Name Each Time You Create a New VPN Connection.
After Doing All Above Steps You have to Add Users in VPN Server Manager
Adding Users in SoftEther VPN Server Manager
- Open SoftEther VPN Server Manager and Click on Connect Button.
- After that Click on Manage Virtual Hub Button.
- Now Click on Manage Users Button.
- After that Click on New Button.
- Now In the "User Name" Field Write the Name which You have Written in Step 4.3 of "Client Side Setup" Part & Set the Auth Type to Anonymous Authentication. & Click Ok Button
- After Doing All the Above Steps it Should Look Like. After All Above Step Close All SoftEther Server Manager Windows
Connection Between Client & Server
- Open SoftEther VPN Client Manager & Right Click on VPN Connection Which You Want To Connect and Then Click Connect.
Setting Up IP Address of VPN Adapters
- First You have to Know the Default Gateway , Subnet Mask & DNS Server Address of You LAN.
- Open CMD and Type ipconfig & Find "Ethernet adapter Ethernet:" and from there Note Down Default Gateway , Subnet Mask.
- For DNS Servers Write 188.8.131.52 & 184.108.40.206 . These are DNS Server Hosted by Google.
- Open Network and Sharing Center , It Should Look Like Below Image . Now Click on VPN Connection Name
- A dialoge Box Like Below Image will Pop Up , Now Click On Properties.
- After That a New Pop Like below Image will Pop up, Now Double Click on "Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IP)" (if You are using Ipv6 the select Ipv6 from menu) Or Select Ipv4 and Click on Properties.
- Now Fill the Default Gateway , Subnet Mask , and any IP address which Belong
to Your Network & Fill DNS Server Address as given in below Image. And Click OK Button
Eg:- In below Image I have Shown My configuration , Your Might be different.
After Doing all above steps your VPN network name should lie under Column Where Access Type is Internet.
(Sorry I couldn't show you here exactly)
Starting Dispatch Proxy
- Open CMD and Run Command :- dispatch start For Socks V5 Proxy or dispatch start --http for HTTP proxy and Leave it Running.
- After Doing above steps you are set to go. Use the proxy server :- localhost & port 1080 In any Download manager. You can only use this proxy if you are using any threaded Download Manager such and IDM , XDM etc. Below Image Shows Proxy Setting in IDM.
Things To be kept in Mind
If You add N VPN Connection and use N Connection in IDM
them you Download speed will increase by N time your current download speed.
Connection Seeting For IDM is Shown in Below Image.
- This is Processer Intensive Task If you make Higher number of connection ( >10 )You system might Hang.
- For Adding More VPN connections Repeat Steps of Client Side setup , Adding Users in SoftEther VPN Server Manager , Connection Between Client & Server , Setting Up IP Address of VPN Adapters Blocks.
- I get 4 to 6 MB/ps speed by using 15 to 17 connections on ISM LAN , Whereas in ISM we get generally 100-150KB/ps.